Welcome to thegenius.sourceforge.net.
The name itself sounds mysterious,magical, doesn't it? And names like Einstein, Newton and Mozart come and go in our mind, right?
Well enough of the hype. "The Genius" is a chess engine, complete with its own user interface, game saving and reopening capability and what not. It can be used to play against humans and uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques to select the best moves. It can play at four different levels, with each level increasing the thinking time of "The Genius", thereby enabling it play better moves. Here is a list of features in "The Genius".
If all this sounds interesting, you can download the software here, and have a look at it. It's free, and what's more, you get the source code with it. It's released under LGPL, so you're free to do whatever you want with the code.
- Supports game saving and reopening, which means you can save the game to disk, and then continue later from where you left off.
- Supports four different levels of play, and each level is tougher. What's more, you can change the level midway through the game.
- Provides for limited Move undo, which means you can go back one step, if you've made a mistake.
- Allows you to make propositions for drawing and resigning.
- Complete customizability of board, including board rotation, changing square colors..
- Background music like Real Time Strategy games, also customizable.
And if you want to see more of my projects, please visit Winbots and my Personal Homepage. Feedback is welcome at email@example.com.